Truck Loading Ramp | Copperloy Dock Equipment
For every loading and unloading task, YARD RAMP Site has a solution. From yard ramps to truck loading ramps, and everything in between. Choosing the right freight loading equipment means finding products with superior strength and functionality. YARD RAMP Site ramps have the load capacity and durability to handle even the toughest working conditions. Forklifts can travel up and down our ramps all day without issue. Our ramps function as a smooth transition from ground to truck bed.
YARD RAMP Site offers truck loading ramps with the highest strength in the industry. We have been improving upon the designs of our freight-loading equipment for over sixty years. As a result, we have created America’s number-one loading ramp! Our truck loading ramps are much safer than competing products and are much more likely to increase efficiency. YARD RAMP Site ramps are the perfect addition to any warehouse operation, making work easier and workers safer.
When it comes to truck loading and unloading tasks specifically, YARD RAMP Site offers two popular products. First, ground-to-truck loading ramps. Second, twin lock ramps, also known as split ramps. Choose from our many steel and aluminum truck loading ramps to increase efficiency for your operation.
Ground-to-Truck Loading Ramp | Finding the Right Solution
Ground clearance for forklifts is much easier with Copperloy. Gain easy access from ground level to trucks with portable truck loading ramps. Ground-to-Truck ramps, also known as semi-truck ramps, maximize productivity. Additionally, these ramps expand overall capabilities for loading, unloading and freight handling of all types.
Ground-to-Truck ramps are made with high-quality metals. YARD RAMP Site steel and aluminum ramps are engineered for durability. For all applications, YARD RAMP Site has countless options available. First, choose a height from 38 to 65 inches. Next, capacities range from 16,000 lbs. to 35,000 lbs. Lastly, standard widths include 70″ and 84″. However, wider widths are available! Simply ask the YARD RAMP Site team for custom specifications.
We customize your warehouse truck ramps to meet your application.
- Versatility: Copperloy’s truck loading ramps are portable to allow for easy transfer and positioning.
- Customization: Available in a variety of widths and capacities to work with the materials you load and unload at your facility or warehouse.
- Safety: Keep your industrial setting safe with steel grating for traction and 7-inch-tall curbs.
Twin Lock Ramp | Split Ramp
For more than 60 years, YARD RAMP Site has been producing industry-leading twin lock ramps. Unique, versatile, and convenient, split ramps are made of aluminum. Twin lock ramps are light, but mighty. Available in varying lengths, split ramps handle capacities ranging from 6,000 lbs to 7,500 lbs. Three standard lengths are available.
- 10-foot: Built for heights from 20 to 28 inches
- 12-foot: Built for heights from 25 to 34 inches
- 14-foot: Built for heights from 29 to 40 inches
The standard width is 19″ with a locked width of 38″. Features include 15-degree grade angles, 3″ safety curbs, a 12″ lip, and shark tooth decking. All features work collaboratively to ensure safe and smooth operation.
Standard Features of Copperloy Truck Loading Ramps
YARD RAMP Site truck loading ramp offer many unique features to increase safety, functionality and efficiency:
- 8-Foot Level Off: Forklift access is always a major concern when designing dock and truck ramps. This is why we added an 8-foot level off to make ramp access much smoother and safer for forklifts.
- Convenient Design: Unlike competing dock equipment, our truck ramps have a hydraulic hand pump on the outside for easier access and operation. This both protects the pump from wear and tear and increases convenience for ramp operators.
- Low End Plate and Safety Curb: Our ramps also have low end plates and safety curbs in addition to the level off and hydraulic pump placement. The 7-inch safety curb is a runoff prevention feature to increase safety. The low end plate is lower than a forklift’s wheelbase, making forklift access even easier. The forklift’s wheels can reach the grating without losing contact with ground.
- Solid/Pneumatic Tires: Here at Copperloy, we design our ramps with solid tires. Many other ramps on the market use air-filled tires, which often deflate and require frequent refilling and maintenance. Our ramps’ tires are completely solid and contain lubricated bearings. This saves you time and money by minimizing maintenance requirements and removing the need for refilling entirely. These tires also have no risk of popping under high pressure.
Advantages of Choosing Copperloy Ramps
YARD RAMP Site designs each truck ramp to maximize space, efficiency, and safety. We have put a focus on the continuous improvement of our ramps. As a result, we have developed some of the best freight loading equipment in America! The following is a list of some advantages YARD RAMP Site ramps offer:
- Easier operation – The implementation of the exterior hand pump and forklift access features makes YARD RAMP Site ramps much easier to operate.
- Faster raise times – Raising speed of our ramps is two-and-a-half times faster than other truck ramps on the market.
- Less wear and tear – Unlike competing ramps, rotation is focused on the positioning sleeve rather than the ramp connection, which minimizes overall wear and tear.
- Greater stability – We design our ramps with a centrally-located cylinder, which reduces the probability of tipping.
Choosing YARD RAMP Site means you receive the best craftsmanship in the industry!
Truck Loading Safety | Confidence with Copperloy
Safety is one of our team’s leading priorities. In addition to equipment safety features, YARD RAMP Site offers customers many resources. For example, brochures, manuals, website tips, and excellent customer service! Find some of our top truck loading tips below!
Properly secure all loads – Before transporting, it is crucial that all materials are secure. If not, it can lead to freight damage. Also, unsecured loads create many hazards when unloading. Ensure stability with load bards, vertical supports, road straps, and/or chains.
Be conscientious of the loading zone – It’s important to pay attention to surroundings. When large loading trucks are involved, it’s even more important! When trucks are backing into the loading zone, stay out of the way. Remain in the driver’s line of sight. Remember, if you can’t see their mirrors, they can’t see you. Don’t enter the loading zone until the truck has come to a complete stop.
Stay aware of machines while in the loading zone – Remain in sight of operators and steer clear of machines while on foot in the loading zone. In turn, avoid injury or fatality in the event of equipment malfunction.
Map all gaps and drop-offs – YARD RAMP Site engineers many helpful tools to bridge the gap from one space to another. Such as dock plates, dock boards, dock levelers, and more. Additionally, equipment features lips that rest securely on platforms. Be confident in where workers step by assuring all gaps and drop offers are accounted for.
Lift with proper technique – Prevent accidents and injuries by properly lifting when unloading. Be sure to lift with the knees! As a result, an unneccessary strain is taken off of the back muscles. Also, keep the object close to you while carrying. This technique offers more control and proper balance.
There you have it! Practice these simple tips to avoid accidents, injuries, and fatalities.